Friday, September 12, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First!  All is well here at 811. It was a chicken and dumplins’ night here at 811. Perfect for cooler temperatures. It felt really good to put on my favorite long sleeved TCU button down and blue jeans today.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, I am grateful for a purpose in my life that clearly comes from you.  Lord, may I always recognize your work in me and see the glory of your creation. I am so very grateful for your unconditional love. Thank you Lord for the opportunities to serve. Speak through me tomorrow at the team meeting as I share what I have learned about gratitude. Thank you for teaching me about gratitude and what the scripture means when it says to give thanks for all things in Jesus name.  I love you Lord, in Jesus name, amen.

In my prayer time I ask God to let me help someone today. Since prayer is a conversation with God when I am quiet and listening or reading scripture I realize that God had created me (and each of us) for His purpose.  I believe God has made known his purpose for me and has called me to devote my life to that purpose while promising to help me to fulfill this purpose.  God’s purpose for each of our lives fits His will for our lives. A life pleasing to God is one that is guided by our faith and helps God to get His work done through the servant kingdom here on earth.  As believers we do not live lives of randomness. We may stray off the path on occasion, but we usually find our way back when we have those conversations with God once again.  So my friends, what a joy it is to be chosen by God to serve others with a purpose guided by God through faith in Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit living within us and giving us a document, the Holy Scriptures, to help us better understand God and His purpose for our lives by reading about those who have gone before us.  Continue to pray for the Kairos Team and the residents who will participate in the weekend. Thank you.

“We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Ephesians 2: 10
“We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves him. They are the ones God has chosen for his purpose.”
Romans 8: 28

Take joy in the journey praying as you go and live into the purpose God has meant for you. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: