Wednesday, September 17, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811.  Bruce and I attended the monthly conference at CNS. He is making continued improvement and his lessons are becoming more complex. Bruce continues to work hard both at the center and independently at home.  Also, I thank all of you for your kind prayers of encouragement and congratulations on yesterday.  Your beautiful prayers and affirmations meant so much. I felt very loved and supported. Thank you again.

The candle is lit… (and it is a new candle; a gift from a friend)

Lord Jesus, I will meet you today in many places. You will be there with me. Lord, You are God of endless energy and I am amazed how you never become weary or tired of teaching me to live each day. I believe you, God. Lead me.  Thank you for being with Bruce constantly and helping him to work so hard in language and other things he has had to re-learn. You have kept him focused and have never left him even for a moment. Thank you loving God of grace and healing. I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Have you ever had one of those nights when you put your head to your pillow and were instantly wide awake?  I have.  I really do not like those nights. It is on those nights that my mind is usually full of so many things that I cannot quiet my thoughts and have a peaceful mind for sleeping. Sometimes I am awake brooding, pondering over decisions I have made or decisions I will need to make. It is on those nights I get up, make a cup of tea and sit on my couch in the presence of my sleeping dogs and try to sort things out. Prayer is always involved.

God, our loving Creator, knows all that we are going through and how we should handle the difficult situations.  If we ask, God will help us with the decisions that we have to make.  When we ask in faith God will help us make right choices for what is best for us.  God speaks to us through His Word. God speaks to me through devotional reading and through music and singing. And then God speaks to us through those who believe in Him; our Christian friends and family.  All of these ways are ways God answers prayer. So my friends let us listen in all the ways we hear God speak and then walk in the way God directs. 

“He saved them for his name’s sake that he might make known his mighty power…Then they believed his words:  they sang his praise.”
Psalm 106: 8, 12
“Hallelujah! Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His faithful love endures forever. Who can declare the Lord’s mighty acts or proclaim all the praise due Him?”
Psalm 106: 1-2

Take joy in the journey praying as you go and listening for the answers God has to give. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: