Thursday, October 7, 2010

Isaiah 40: 28 “Have you not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, faints not, neither is weary? There is no searching of His understanding.”

Tonight I miss Casey. I am not sure why I miss him tonight. Maybe it is because we are approaching the second anniversary of His death and I have remembered those joyful last few days and those painful last few moments. Maybe it was the meal I prepared tonight and as I watched with great thanksgiving Geni and Travis eating, joking and enjoying eating around our table knowing how much Casey would have enjoyed it and the family fellowship. But mostly, I miss my son.

God knows everything. God hears each of us when we cry for mercy. He hears us and sees us when we are tired. He hears us when we cry for help and is sad when we are in sorrow and has compassion when we have failed. Yes, there are times when we are weak. But God ever reminds us that in our weakness He is made strong. God remains with us through all we do, say hear and feel. When we are weak, sad, or struggling God offers His sympathy and strength and they are ours. God calls us His friend and His strength is made perfect in us. God breathes His love and compassion over us and He knows our hearts to the very depths of our souls. Let us lean on His Love, and know that all is well.

Thanks for listening. Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: