Sunday, January 3, 2010

Blessed Sunday to each of you!

My apologies for not writing last evening. The busyness of the holidays finally caught up with Bruce and I last night. After a late dinner we sat down in front of the TV and fell asleep in time to get up and go to bed.

Isaiah 40:31 “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.”

Mark 10:15 “Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, be shall not enter the kingdom.”

I go back to school tomorrow. It is a day of inservice and the children return on Tuesday. I have much to do in the classroom prior to the children’s return. And the winter holiday is over.

Winter holidays are a time of busyness up to and including Christmas and the week after before New Year’s is sometimes a time of rest and renewal. Today, Pastor Joes spoke of renewal. In Pastor Joel’s message to the children today he told them that God renews us each time we ask for forgiveness. When we are renewed we are made more like Christ. As we are renewed we rest in God’s love. When we rest in God’s love the Holy Spirit flows through each of us giving us strength, wisdom and the faith to accept and live in God’s unfailing grace.

When I get to school in the morning I will begin to write my lesson plans for the week. The plans may work out or they may not. I may complete everything I have planned or I may have to complete the plans during next week. My human plans are just that, human. God’s plans are perfect and have been prepared out of His love for us.

As we begin this new year and new decade in our own history we will see how the loving plans of the Father unfold each day. We need to be as children and not question the plans God has made for us, we just need to accept the plans God has made with gladness.

Take joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Praise: Mom is home from the hospital. She seems to be doing better. Praise God!

Prayer alert: I just found out tonight that a first grade student in our school lost her father to a house fire on New Year’s Eve. Her name is Abbie. Please pray for her I will find out more details tomorrow.

No comments: