Friday, October 2, 2009

Greetings from Austin St.

Happy Friday! It is the second day of October. It is the last day of the first six weeks of school. My goodness, but time flies entirely too fast. My class is almost back to 100%. I still have two children that have been out for a few days, but most have returned. Also, (this is so cool!), one of my parents wrote me the nicest note to tell me she was praying for my class and for their healing. How awesome is that!

Bruce gives his talk on Christian Action at 10:45 in the morning. Please pray for him to get some rest tonight and for a spirit of calmness and that God will speak through him and reach these men. According to Bruce, so far the weekend has been great and the six participants at his table are men who are walking their own journey of faith. Praise God that His love reaches into all lives who believe in Him and wherever they are.

This weekend I will begin to prepare for a memorial event we are hosting as we approach the one year anniversary of Casey’s being received into the hands of the Father. I am going to my favorite nursery to buy beautiful fall plants for planting around the Casey Tree in the front yard. It is hard to believe he has been gone almost a year. I miss him so very much. And tomorrow I am planting. The schedule is to go to the nursery, plant the plants and then get my nails done. (Priorities! I am such a girl!)

John 5:30 “I can of mine own self do nothing; as I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just’ because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father who hath sent me.” Bruce and I have been married for 29 years this coming January. In all of those years the most difficult times in our marriage have been when we did not walk together or when one of us grew in our spiritual lives faster than the other. Or when I was determined to have it my way and disregarded Bruce's feelings or needs. Those times caused a tension between us that would really bother me. I would have trouble functioning at work or with the kids or in anything else because I was not in step with my husband.

In our relationship with God it would be so much easier if we would just follow His will all of the time. The Word even tells us that we need to delight to do His will. I have not always delighted to do His will, but the end result is still the same. I end up doing what God has led me to do, but the lesson was far harder to learn because I tried to walk my own path instead of the one chosen for me. When I resisted the guiding hand of God then I hurt, I am frustrated and confused. God is not the author of confusion, frustration and hurt.

Meekness is a life yielded to the Fathers will. Sometimes I am not very meek. But when I do yield my will over to the will of the Father; I, through God’s grace and the power of the Holy Spirit become more than a conqueror.

Take joy in the journey and stay on the path!! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis

No comments: