Thursday, August 13, 2009


This was our cabin on the cruise. Can you imagine 4 adults sharing this small space? It causes one to reconsider what it means to be a "close" family.

Happy Thursday!

Hello all! I am sorry for missing last evening’s post. I got in from school really late and was exhausted. So tired, that I did not even make it to choir practice. Turning chaos into order is hard work! But my classroom is finally coming together. There are still some things to be done, but I am out of all of the boxes and nearly everything has a place.

Hebrews 12:14,15 “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God.”
As I have worked in my classroom all week long turning chaos into order I have had to remind myself to complete one task before beginning another. When I first walked into my classroom on Monday I was completely overwhelmed. I did not know where to start. There was so much mess and confusion in the room with my things and other things that had been stored there that did not belong to me.

First, I had to sort out my things from those boxes belonging elsewhere. Then I would pick an area and begin. When I would complete whatever area of my room I was working on I would step back and know that it was finished and ready for use by the children who will become the students in my class. After completing one task I would go on to the next and so on. Nothing happened quickly. Every area took time and thought and patience to make it right.

In our spiritual lives God works on and with us the same way. When we come to Christ often we are in a state of chaos. We come before Christ as sinful people. God loves us so much through Jesus to forgive our sins upon our request. God is compassionate and full of tender mercies and does not lay all of our sins before us at one time. How awful would that be?! God takes each part of our lives and brings it to perfection. We cannot accomplish overcoming our sins and faults alone. It is only by the grace of God that we become perfect. Scripture tells us “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” He takes us from darkness to Light, through weakness to Power, from sin to Salvation and from hatred to Love.

God never wants us to be satisfied with just getting close. After all, Jesus didn’t just get close. No, He completed the work of the cross as His Father called Him to do. God wants us to fully rely on Him and His will for our lives and trust Him to bring us from darkness to Light and chaos to Order. Let our prayer be, O, Jesus, help us, we beg you.

Take joy in the journey and take out the trash! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: