Saturday, July 25, 2009


Happy Friday to you all!

Ephesians 3: 20 “Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine.”

Tonight I received an email about a meeting for the Happening Community to be held in Tyler tomorrow. The meeting notification was given at the “11th hour” and I was not happy. I did not want to go Tyler for a meeting. I am usually a “here I am Lord, send me” type girl, but today I was more the “I’m not here, don’t send me. I have other things to do.”

So I went into the other room and prayed about this. I asked God to get Satan out of the way and if He wanted this meeting to happen and me to be there I would go, but if it was not to be then call this meeting off. As I sat down to read my devotional lesson this is the verse I with which I was presented. God has a great purpose for this meeting tomorrow and He is going to accomplish mighty things. The Word says, “He is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine. God works in us not minimally, but abundantly. God is able to powerfully work within us when we are faithfully obedient to His call.

It seems to happen to me when I want to resist God’s calling then His Word presents itself very plainly and I am put in my place very clearly. The meeting tomorrow is for training for the next Happening weekend. When preparation for a Happening weekend begins then Satan goes to work. Satan has already been at work to keep this weekend and its preparation from happening and tonight Satan entered my thoughts and almost changed my actions. Satan began to work in me and I am the Spiritual Director. If Satan attacks the Spiritual Director and wins the battle then how I am to be the “pastor” over this flock of young people and the adult staff? God’s Word tonight told me that “this weekend belongs to Me. You (the youth and adult staff) are the vessels through which I will do My work.” What an honor that God would choose us as His vessels to share His Word, His love and His abundant grace.

God chooses us, His children to share the gospel with those in whom we come into contact. God promises to do a great work through us. Not just a great work, but a work greater than anything we can ask or imagine. How great is our God and how great is His love for us? If we are but obedient then He will teach us His perfect ways so that we can carry out the work He has planned for us.

Tonight I ask you to pray travel mercy on all those who travel to Tyler tomorrow. I ask you to pray that Satan be bound as the Happening preparation begins. I also ask for you to pray for the Happening staff and that those who would be called as participants to listen to the Voice of God and obediently answer His call to service and participation.

Take joy in the journey and stay in the shade. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

We will insert a picture or two here and there from our trip. Enjoy them.

No comments: