Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Greetings from Austin St. ATT came through and we are back online!

Happy Tuesday! The butterfly count is 17. It was a good day at school. The students are getting kind of antsy. But there are still more tests to take and more learning to be done. Tonight we attended Travis final madrigal show at the high school. As May is a month of lists, that is one more event checked off. There are still many to go and we will enjoy being a part of each activity as Travis completes his journey through the public school system. Geni took her physics test and she said it was really hard. She has two tests tomorrow and one on Thursday. Bruce and maybe Travis will go and move her home on Thursday.

Jeremiah 6:16 “Stand in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and yet shall find rest for your soul.”

Okay, I am beginning to get really griped about AT&T. They have been promising the internet will be installed for the last 10 days. Today’s latest promise is that the internet would be connected by 8:00 pm tonight. Well, no, it isn’t! And in the grand scheme of things this is not horrible, or devastating, or life altering…it is just really aggravating!

When Peter and some disciples were on the boat in the storm and got really angry at Jesus for sleeping through the storm, their anger only intensified the storm. Well, me being upset about being inconvenienced is sort of like that. If we call AT&T and really let them have it is probably not going to help the situation. We will be aggravating the storm. But if we continue to call each day and check on the progress with calmness then we are acting in love and not reacting in anger. So we are going to take the time before we call again and take a deep breath. We will breathe in the Holy Spirit and pray for a spirit of calmness, ask for a progress report and hope they will fix the problem as quickly. But if they are still not fixing the problem then we will try very hard to thank them politely and tell them we will call again tomorrow (and of course tell them to have a nice day). Where agitation is destructive, calmness is constructive. (I will let you know)

Sometimes I tend to avoid situations where I know there is going to be conflict. But if I do not have a choice then I pray before I enter into the situation and ask the Holy Spirit to go before me to make the pathway straight and clear. I also pray that I will have enough awareness of the presence of the Holy Spirit to follow its lead and act on the instructions given. Staying calm is trust in action. Only trust in the living God can keep us calm when all others around us are losing it.

So here are our instructions for the day. When presented with a situation of conflict whether between people, machines or companies: STOP. Take in a deep breath of the Holy Spirit and when you exhale, breathe the power of the Holy Spirit on the situation and watch the situation change because you have gotten out of the way and God has taken over.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Pray for my sweet dog Lamar. I think he may be sick. Love, gc

PSS Today at school, I found a large stack of old phonograph records. Real 33 1/3 lps! I also located a record player from the recesses of our school library. As my children were helping me carry these treasures back to the classroom I heard one of the children ask another child, “What are these?” The response was priceless. “They are giant CD”S!” Tomorrow we are going to have a bit of a history lesson on the phonograph and a stack of wax! gc

No comments: