Monday, December 8, 2008

Mom update: She is still in the hospital. Her heart rhythm went wonky twice today so they are giving her medication to try and correct the problem. She seems to be feeling pretty good, just very disappointed about not coming home today.

Deb Koplen update: she had a radiation treatment today. She was awake more, a little less confused and talked a bit more. When I phoned her nurse today she told me that Deb had only had pain medicine once today. Sounds like feeling a bit better to me.

Psalm 139:7 says, “Where can I go to get away from your spirit?” My question is “Why would I want to get away from your Spirit?” Have you ever thought about that question? God is spirit. He has no form which makes God limitless. We have all kinds of things that dictate our actions. If it is cold we dress warmly. If it is hot, we dress in shorts and flipflops. Gravity keeps us anchored to the ground. God isn’t anchored by gravity because he created it. He isn’t affected by heat and cold because he created the weather. God is as completely present in Texas as He is in Oklahoma or Okinawa. But for us, God, His spirit, is as close as our very next breath. He is as close as the mere whisper of His name.

God remains with us always while we are walking on the earth and when we are risen with Him in death and into new life. We cannot get away from His spirit of love and grace. We cannot get away from His faithfulness and trustworthiness. We cannot get away from His forgiveness and tender mercies. And again I say, why would we ever want to!!

Take joy in the journey friends. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: